How are you people faring during these Covid19 times? And what about young people’s mental health in general?
I chat with Bunbury based counsellor and clinic coordinator, , Rebecca Watson to learn more about what’s going with young people and their mental health.
– How are young people coping in these times.
– What inspired Rebecca to become a counsellor.
– The role of the counsellor
– Negative effects of social media.
– What to do to if a teen is being cyber bullied.
– What can parents look out for in their teenagers?
– How to instigate a conversation with your teen if you think they need help.
– What services are available for young people facing mental health issues.
– Rebecca’s advice for what is the most important thing to focus on in life.
If you or anyone you know needs help:
Lifeline on 13 11 14
Youth Focus 6266 4333 (WA)
Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
Headspace on 1800 650 890
ReachOut at au.reachout.com
Care Leavers Australasia Network (CLAN) on 1800 008 774